Sunday, February 13, 2011

Near Death

I had a near death experience this past week. I am not going to go in to detail because I am tired and I don't want to bore you but I'll just say that on my way down to TX to visit my grandma with my sister and my son and her son in the car with my parents in the car in front of us with my niece riding safely with them I wrecked in Fort Worth TX on the rutted ice after three days of driving in the worst weather and the worst road conditions I have ever seen. That is saying a lot considering I am from Montana, spent a winter in SD and have driven pretty much everywhere and currently live in norther MN.

I ran in to the concrete barrier in the middle of the road. I am so glad it wasn't the semi riding right beside us. Airbags deployed. We struck the barrier and then car jumped back several feet. A truck pulled up right behind us and blocked traffic.

We are all OK. Some whiplash and a good deal of emotional trauma and that is it.

Besides being alive you know what I am most thankful for? What came out the mouths of my sister and I as I realized that we were going to crash was a short prayer "Oh Lord...". Why? I am glad that is what is first out my mouth. First on my mind and not something foul. I am glad that it was words of peace and petition that my brain reached for first.

So glad.

2 comments:

  1. OMgosh! I'm so very very happy your are okay.

    I totally understand your emotions on this too. My husband, and I and our two children where in a car accident some years back. We were hit by a car at a stop light at an 80 mile an hour impact. When the accident was happening, it felt like everything moved in slow motion. It was a very weird feeling. Thank goodness none of us where hurt, just some bumps and bruses, whiplash and like you said emotional trauma. It took me a couple of weeks not think about it and replay it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy everyone is okay. I would be excited those were my first thought as well.

    ReplyDelete